‘You never know where they’ll end up’: Warning from man who used wireless earbuds to fall asleep | Offbeat News

Utilizing earbuds whereas falling asleep may seem to be a great way to drift off to dulcet tones but it surely may be harmful.

Brad Gauthier, of Worcester within the US state of Massachusetts, discovered this out final week after docs had to take away a wireless earbud from his oesophagus.

In a submit on Fb, Mr Gauthier mentioned he had gone to mattress on Monday night time listening to music and woken up on Tuesday with out realising something was incorrect.

He had spent an hour shovelling snow and brought a sip of water however when it will not go down, he had to lean over to drain it from his throat.

Bradford Gauthier of Worcester, Massachusetts, swallowed a wireless ear bud while he was sleeping
Picture:
Brad Gauthier swallowed a wireless ear bud whereas he was sleeping. Pic: Fb

He additionally observed he was lacking one in every of his two wireless earbuds and an try to discover it utilizing his cellphone’s ‘Discover My AirPod’ characteristic was unsuccessful because the battery was lifeless.

“I believe I most likely would have had a coronary heart assault if I had hit that button and the sound got here out of my throat,” he informed NBC Boston 10.

An X-ray at a neighborhood medical centre confirmed the earbud was lodged within the decrease a part of his oesophagus.

It was eliminated with an endoscopy and Mr Gauthier wrote on Fb: “Watch out listening to wireless headphones whenever you fall asleep, you never know where they’ll end up.”