‘You never know where they’ll end up’: Warning from man who used wireless earbuds to fall asleep | Offbeat News

Using earbuds whereas falling asleep might seem to be an effective way to drift off to dulcet tones nonetheless additionally it is dangerous.

Brad Gauthier, of Worcester inside the US state of Massachusetts, found this out last week after docs had to take away a wireless earbud from his oesophagus.

In a publish on Fb, Mr Gauthier talked about he had gone to mattress on Monday evening time listening to music and woken up on Tuesday with out realising one thing was improper.

He had spent an hour shovelling snow and introduced a sip of water nonetheless when it is not going to go down, he had to lean over to drain it from his throat.

Bradford Gauthier of Worcester, Massachusetts, swallowed a wireless ear bud while he was sleeping
Image:
Brad Gauthier swallowed a wireless ear bud whereas he was sleeping. Pic: Fb

He moreover noticed he was missing one among his two wireless earbuds and an strive to uncover it using his phone’s ‘Uncover My AirPod’ attribute was unsuccessful as a result of the battery was lifeless.

“I really feel I almost definitely would have had a coronary coronary heart assault if I had hit that button and the sound obtained right here out of my throat,” he knowledgeable NBC Boston 10.

An X-ray at a neighborhood medical centre confirmed the earbud was lodged inside the lower part of his oesophagus.

It was eradicated with an endoscopy and Mr Gauthier wrote on Fb: “Be careful listening to wireless headphones if you happen to fall asleep, you never know where they’ll end up.”