Advertisement

Advertisement

US Travel Guide

Preacher gives live sermon outside his burning home

The flames that engulfed his home had been no match for his burning religion.

Sammy Smith, founding father of Grace Cathedral Ministries in Piedmont, South Carolina, took to Facebook Live on Monday morning because the Simpsonville Fire Department labored to include a hearth that had overtaken the second flooring of his home, according to local news outlet WYFF.

“My house is on fire. My house is on fire,” he repeated a number of occasions — including, “Oh, my God” and “Jesus” — as flames roared in a video posted to his private Facebook web page.

“It’s burning up, y’all. Y’all are watching it live, just like I am,” he stated.

Once flames had subsided, Smith went live again. “It’s Apostle Sammy Smith, standing in front of the ruins of my used-to-be house,” he stated of his blackened home, which was constructed solely about 4 years in the past, he stated.

Advertisement

The hearth was “God’s will” stated the preacher.
Facebook/Sammy Smith

“The house is probably pretty much destroyed. But God got us out,” he stated with a smile in the course of the impromptu sermon. “And, you know, God’s will always has to be done. Sometimes we don’t understand his will.”

He then panned the digicam to point out that his neighbors had even joined the trouble alongside first responders to douse the hearth: “I got my neighbors out here … Everybody out here is just loving on us.”

The Simpsonville Fire Department was joined by Sammy Smith’s neighbors to assist put out the hearth.
Facebook/Sammy Smith

“The firefighters were wonderful … It’s gonna be all right,” he added earlier than asking for prayers. “Y’all just pray for us.”

“It doesn’t matter who you are, it doesn’t matter what you do, tragedy and circumstances can happen, you know?” he later informed WYFF. “You just have to be able to roll with the punches sometimes.”

Advertisement

The father and religion chief stated he believed that the hearth began by chance, suspecting a busted heating unit or electronics gone haywire. Blessedly, nobody was harm.

burnt out home of Sammy Smith
The complete second flooring of Sammy Smith’s 4-year-old home had been destroyed by the unintended hearth.
Facebook/Sammy Smith

Grace Cathedral congregants expressed gratitude in direction of their God for sparing Apostle Smith, reported WYFF.

“Knowing that God had saved their lives, preserved their lives, that was what was important to us as a church family — for us to still have them here,” stated church member Thomas Bell. “We could be mourning now, but instead of mourning we can rejoice because we know God saved he preserved.”

Smith informed the information station that his daughter and godson, whose bedrooms had been upstairs, misplaced every part within the hearth. But, extra importantly, their lives had been spared.

Advertisement

Apostle Sammy Smith
Apostle Sammy Smith later thanked his congregants for the donations and “their love.”
Facebook/Sammy Smith

He additionally thanked the group for his or her help.

“They were bringing up donations and putting them in my hand. And I felt their love. And when I felt their love I became a crybaby. And it was something … not about the house, not about any of that stuff not about the clothes that were lost, not about the stuff — their love moved me.”

Advertisement

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button