This model of focaccia makes use of cherry tomatoes and the spicy Calabrian sausage ’nduja. Buy ’nduja if you happen to see it – it may be arduous to seek out. Soft, spicy chorizo makes an affordable various, nevertheless it gained’t provide the similar spicy flavour.
Prep time: half-hour, plus 1 hour Quarter-hour proving | Cooking time: 10-Quarter-hour
Eight as an antipasto
- 900g sturdy white bread flour
- 100g semolina, plus further for the tin
- 35g contemporary yeast
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 15g salt
- 30ml good olive oil, plus further to complete
- 500-550ml lukewarm water
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved and tossed in 3 tbsp good olive oil
- 100g ’nduja
- Roughly chopped rosemary leaves
- Burrata or mozzarella, to serve (non-compulsory)
- Mix collectively the flour and semolina in a big bowl. In one other bowl combine the yeast with the sugar. Add the salt, olive oil and 500ml of lukewarm water to the yeast and sugar and combine collectively.
- Tip the yeast combination into the flour and combine – by hand or in a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook – to a gentle however not sticky dough (chances are you’ll want so as to add extra water or flour). This will take about 5 minutes in a machine.
- Shape the dough right into a ball, cowl the bowl with cling movie and depart to rise in a heat place for about one hour, till doubled in measurement. During this time, oil a roasting tin and sprinkle it with semolina.
- Gently unfold out the dough within the ready tin to a rectangle or sq..
- Mix the tomatoes and ’nduja collectively in a bowl, then scatter everywhere in the dough, positioning the tomatoes cut-sides up and pushing them down stage with the highest of the dough. Sprinkle over some flaky sea salt and rosemary. Leave to show in a heat place for 10–Quarter-hour, till risen. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas 7 and place a tray of water within the backside of the oven.
- Once proved, bake the focaccia for 10–Quarter-hour, till golden and it sounds hole when tapped on the bottom. Drizzle extra oil excessive as quickly because the bread comes out of the oven, then depart to chill on a wire rack. Serve with burrata or mozzarella, or by itself.
Recipe from The Italian Deli Cookbook by Theo Randall (Quadrille, £26). Order your copy from books.telegraph.co.uk
Japan UK Travel