Lockdown is prone to come to an finish in Perth tonight but there’s still a lengthy record of coronavirus rules that will keep. Right here’s what you possibly can and might’t do.
Underneath post-lockdown adjustments introduced by Premier Mark McGowan on Thursday night time, solely people who find themselves doing outside “vigorous train” will be permitted to go mask-free.
Mr McGowan mentioned folks ought to use commonsense and prompt anybody going for a stroll ought to maintain their masks on.
“It’s commonsense, that’s what it’s … the police aren’t going to be heavy handed,” he advised reporters.
About two million folks in the Perth, Peel and South West areas have been plunged into a five-day lockdown on Sunday night time after a lodge quarantine safety guard examined constructive for the extremely contagious UK pressure of COVID-19.
As of 8pm on Thursday, WA had still not recorded any new native circumstances of coronavirus this week, regardless of greater than 42,000 checks being carried out.
It means the lockdown will doubtless finish at 6pm on Friday, pending no additional infections.
Everybody in the South West area will return to pre-lockdown life, but there will still be some restrictions in place for folks in the Peel and Perth areas.
The post-lockdown transition interval will finish at 12.01am on February 14, permitting for the full 14-day incubation interval to be accomplished.
The Premier mentioned folks ought to put on a masks when they go to one other particular person’s house, though he conceded that will be “inspired but not enforced”.
In one among the weirder restrictions, dancing will be banned — until you’re at a wedding ceremony or a dance studio.
“There are at all times inconsistencies in every little thing we do,” Mr McGowan mentioned.
“Once you go dancing at a pub on a dance ground, you don’t know who’s round you.”
Nevertheless, Mr McGowan mentioned dance performers would be in a position to dance as a result of it was their office.
Mr McGowan mentioned the lockdown had completed the job supposed and denied it had been an over-reaction.
“I remorse and apologise for any misery, loss or inconvenience the occasions of this week has brought on,” he mentioned.
“I do know it’s been laborious and I want it did not occur. It was a setback after 10 months of no COVID-19 in our state.
“We had the form of freedoms that different folks throughout the nation and round the world might solely dream of.”
The Premier mentioned WA would be taught from this expertise but added lodge quarantine would “by no means be idiot proof”.
COVID-safe measures, together with contact registers and the SafeWA app, will proceed to kind an vital a part of post-lockdown life.
While the onus has been on companies to make sure a contact register is out there for patrons, people will now be required to take duty too.
Anybody who fails to signal in at venues will be fined.
Right here is a record of what you possibly can and might’t do when lockdown ends:
- Everybody should put on a masks in public and at work, until they’re doing outside train
- A 20-person restrict for personal indoor and outside gatherings
- All enterprise and venues can reopen, besides the on line casino and nightclubs
- A 4 sqm capability rule and 150-person capability at hospitality, leisure, health venues and occasions together with weddings, funerals
- As much as 150 gamers, officers and spectators at neighborhood sport
- Hospitality venues can solely have seated service
- Dancing solely allowed at weddings and dance studios
- Faculties to renew, with employees and highschool college students required to put on masks
- Visits to aged and incapacity care amenities solely on compassionate grounds and for advocates
- Solely important journey, together with work, is permitted in and out of the Perth and Peel areas
- FIFO employees can depart the Perth and Peel areas but should comply with strict rules
- Elective surgical procedure to renew.